- 8/23/14: Prom Vault 2014 will be on Sep 7th at 5pm. Warmups will start at 4pm. Details on the meets page. It's gonna be great.
- 8/15/13: Prom Vault 2013 will be on Aug 25th at 5pm. Warmups will start at 4pm. Check out the sweet flyer Nate Ball made. Details on the meets page.
- 8/14/13: The meet went great. Thanks for coming. The results are here or on the meets page. A Prom Vault announcement will be up shortly. It's on the 25th.
- 7/30/13: Summer Classic Meet 2: Our next meet will be on 8/11 at 12:00 noon. This will be just like our last meet. The flyer is here. Please please please help us out by letting us know if you are coming before hand and filling out the entry form before you get to the meet. Check out the meets page for more details.
- 7/1/13: Thanks for coming to the meet. It was awesome. The results are here or on the meets page. We will have another one at the beginning of August. Tell your friends. Even tell your enemies.
- 6/17/13: WE UPDATED! The Summer Classic Series is on. Our first meet is June 30th at 12:00 noon. We have a race walk, a dry steeple chase, different hurdle lengths and heights. It's going to be BANANAS. The flyer is here. Please please please help us out by letting us know if you are coming before hand and filling out the entry form before you get to the meet. Check out the meets page for more details. Also, we are starting up summer sessions. If you are interested, please contact us.
Most Intense Technique Pole Vault Club was established early in 2009 to give
vaulters in the New England region a place to practice and
compete during the summer months.
experienced staff and great facilities,
the Tech Pole Vault Club is well suited to help vaulters of
all levels improve and strive for their goals. We welcome
all levels of experience to the club including those hoping
to learn the event (for the collegiate decathlon, introduction
of the event to their high school league, or any other reason).
can look forward to:
- Two new UCS
#1900 pit (large landing area for safety - 1 indoor, 1 outdoor)
- An extensive
pole inventory of over 80 poles
(although we encourage vaulters to bring their own)
- An outdoor
and indoor facility to accomodate any type of weather
- A talented
and diverse coaching staff (including
two DIII All-Americans and a world level vaulter)
- A coaching
approach based off of a deep understanding of the physical
fundamentals of the event leading to good habits, clean
technique, and safe jumps
- A desire to
help all levels of vaulters
- Lots of fun
and of course, lots of pole vaulting
training combines drills, short approach, and full approach
vaulting. We also use video for self-analysis and review of
pro technique. Because speed and strength are so crucial to
the event, our staff can also assist an athlete in designing
a workout routine right for them if requested. We are located
at Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, Ma across the river from Boston.
the Tech Pole Vault Club, we aim to create a fun and safe environment
for vaulters of all levels to learn and improve. We hope you'll